National Professional Qualification (NPQ)
The National Professional Qualifications are accredited by the Department for Education and offered in conjunction with UCL.
- NPQ Leading Teaching (NPQLT) - designed for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading teaching in a subject, year group, key stage or phase.
- NPQ Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD) - designed for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading the development of other teachers in their school. They may have responsibilities for the development of all teachers across a school or specifically trainees or teachers who are early in their career.
- NPQ Leading Behaviour and Culture (NPQLBC) - designed for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading behaviour and/or supporting pupil wellbeing in their school.
- NPQ Senior Leader (NPQSL) - designed for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities.
- NPQ Headteacher (NPQH) - designed for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
- NPQ Executive Headteacher (NPQEL) - designed for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, an executive headteacher or a school trust CEO with responsibility for leading several schools.
This flow chart shows the different stages of training through to NPQ at these levels.
Further information about the UCL programme is here.
The deadline for completed applications to be received by UCL is Monday 4th October 2021. In order to allow enough time for registering with the DfE and your application being processed with UCL, we suggest you register with the DfE by Monday 27th September 2021.
Below, are links to the fliers for each of the different NPQ Courses through UCL / Teach West London: