How to ensure your ECTs are given every opportunity to be successful
It is important to:
- Provide a suitable timetable for your ECT. The timetable your ECT(s) are provided with, is critical to their success. Provide them with classes where they will flourish! Consider this as soon as possible after appointing your ECT(s) and before the school timetable is finalised. Click here for more information.
- Provide your ECT with a designated mentor. Click here for more information.
- Provide your ECT with an induction tutor. Click here for more information.
- Provide your ECT with an ECF based induction programme. Click here for more information.
- Register your ECT with an appropriate body who will quality assure the induction process. Look no further and sign up with TWLTSH AB service here.
- Read and familiarise yourself with the DfE statutory guidance ‘Induction for early career teachers (from 1 September 2023)’. You can access this document here.